Job Description Summary
You will be a part of a global and matrixed design team, working in new product introduction and existing product sustaining / support. This team is responsible for long term development programs as well as short-cycle custom design tasks that leverage existing product platforms.
As a key member, you will be responsible for software development of core system, libraries, drivers and other modules. Develop software by using secure design practices.
You will responsible for multiple aspects of product development ranging from requirements analysis, feature development, prototype generation and testing, to final design validation, documentation, and product release.
This role requires, in addition to closely interacting with internal & external customers, strong inclusive team player with outcome focus & willing to work in Agile methodology of execution.
Responsible for departmental operations planning/execution or is focused on execution of professional activities within a technical discipline. Functions with some autonomy but guided by established policies or review of end results. The job allows modification of procedures and practices covering work as long as the end results meet standards of acceptability (quality, volume, timeliness etc.).
- Engage in all aspects of product development ranging from requirements analysis, code development and testing.
- Work with cross platform engineering teams for development and execution of product enhancements, product upgrades, and new product introductions.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives related to embedded product functionality and team processes.
- Design using object-oriented techniques and focus on cybersecure designs. Develop systems using C/C++ and real-time embedded operating systems (VxWorks).
- Develop and implement embedded software ranging from high-level application to low-level hardware device drivers.
- Develop embedded software to suit various domains like O&G, Power Systems, Metals and Marine.
- Develop front end applications using Microsoft technologies (Visual Basic, Visual C++, C#, .Net).
- Analyze embedded code to determine root cause of defects and implement corrective actions.
- Own technical leadership responsibilities for product development, implementation, validation, and sustaining.
- Lead reviews, suggest design changes, conduct tests to ensure systems and platforms meet the design requirements.
- Collaborates with a team of controls and system engineers developing operational software for various subsystems.
- Develop test applications to perform the testing before delivering to the testing team.
- Prepare requirement documents, design documents, unit test plans and other documents to meet the quality standards.
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
- Create and maintain code and engineering process/technical documentation.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Team Leads, and Testers to deliver the product with better first-time yield.
- Interact with multiple stake holders located in other parts of the globe.
- Take up customer issues on priority and provide timely resolution for the issues to gain better customer satisfaction index.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical / Electronics / Computer Engineering from reputed institutions.
- 4+ years of experience in embedded software development.
- Good experience in C, C++, VC++, C#, RTOS.
- Good experience in Intel, ARM processors.
- Good knowledge on the industrial communication protocols like EtherCAT, Modbus, Profibus, Canbus, etc.
- Experienced in diﬀerent phases of Software Development Life cycle (SDLC).
- Good knowledge on scripting tools.
- Excellent debugging skills.
- Areas of expertise may include, but is not limited to, networks, operating systems, cybersecurity, databases and applications.
Embedded SW development and testing.
Passionate about quality and cybersecure development.
Experience in build automation, continuous integration, configuration management, verification, deployment of software.
Strong technical aptitude, Solid oral and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.