Purpose of role
Carry out firmware development by supporting product development, product engineering and technology development projects through personal effectiveness, partnering with stakeholders and building customer loyalty, fulfilling their needs in an efficient and effective manner.
- Execute defined work packages for firmware module design, development and maintenance;
- Review test plans and perform testing.
- Able to write/modify linker scripts.
- Support development of diagnostic tooling.
- Support E1 level engineers to execute tasks.
- Perform code reviews; and,
- Actively participate in Firmware FMEA
- Prepare Project Proposals, escalate bottlenecks to mentor/manager/stakeholder as and when needed.
- Active participation in reviews and technical gate (TG) meetings with stakeholders.
- Create timely change requests when there is a change in project baselines using the ‘Change Management’ process.
- Active participation in knowledge sharing sessions and group learning sessions.
- Mentor juniors on certain competencies and contribute to their individual development.
- Design and model innovative solutions for customer requirements and experience.
Competencies & Skills
- Firmware programming experience in C, Assembly i.e., device drivers, embedded applications.
- Knowledge of at least one Microcontroller architecture or Computer architecture.
- Experience in any of the following is needed:
- 8/16/32 bit Microcontroller programming.
- 8/16/32 bit DSP programming.
- Hands on experience in using Debuggers or Emulators.
- Experience/Knowledge of RTOS or Schedulers.
- Experience in one or more of following communication protocols:
- CAN, RS232.
- RF (Hart / Wireless Hart, Bluetooth)
- Experience in one or more of following on-chip communication protocols:
- SMBus & UART
- Knowledge of ADCs, DACs, Sensors working principles, calibration, interfacing.
- Experience / Knowledge in DfSS or Six Sigma tools.
- Knowledge of SKF Product Development Process and Agile.
- Basic knowledge of Analog and Digital electronics.
- Ability to use laboratory equipment like Oscilloscopes, Function generator, Logic analyzers.
- Desired to have to experience in C++ or C# for diagnostic tool development; and,
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, MS Project.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation, or Control Engineering stream.
- Around 4-7 years’ experience.
- Individual contributor and the ability to work on a multi-disciplinary team.
- Good communication skills.
- Motivated team member willing to go extra mile to achieve set target / goal.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Experience in multidisciplinary and multi-cultural teams.