- Identify Complex problems and needs at the customer site and work throughout the work cycle until the implementation of the solution
- Lead recipe creation to optimize system performance and Train PSE/AEs’ in recipe creation
- Application Qualification of new technologies/features, Executes ß-sites, evaluation and demos at customers site
- Participate in Customer Demo Activities
- Participate in finding the solution, follow up on solution execution
- Create new methodologies in order to optimized system performance for specific application
- Analysis and Transfer new application capabilities in the system envelope from product division to customer application support team
- Participates in customer technical review meetings
Demonstrates expanded conceptual knowledge in own discipline and broadens capabilities
- Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
- No supervisory responsibilities but provides informal guidance to new team members
Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies
Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
This position is within the semiconductor process diagnostics and control group, which deals with advanced imaging together with cutting edge image processing algorithms in order to detect and dispose nanometer size defects.
Application engineers are supposed to maximize the performance of our new defect metrology products through a deep and thorough understanding of use-cases in close technical collaboration with leading-edge chip manufacturing customers.
At a higher expertise level, they also contribute to product development roadmap through spec definition and performance validation.
• Sound fundamentals of high-NA DUV imaging/SEM and light-matter/electron-matter interaction
• Open to 70% travel to leading semiconductor chip manufacturing fabs overseas
• Lab/fab hands-on experience in semiconductor fabrication with layer-wise detailed knowledge of material, process tech and defectivity
• Detail oriented with strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
• Ability to work in a team, and ability to work independently
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Years of Experience:
1 – 2 Years
Company: Applied Materials