In this role, you have the opportunity to design, develop and maintain Diagnostic X-ray systems (Radiography, Fluoro & Mammography) and realization of a range of products in such a way that future products options and features can be realized with acceptable effects for the earlier products. You are responsible for planning and tracking of his software and ensures risks are mitigated and communicated to stakeholders. You will ensure that your design is consistent with the higher level architecture and requirements. .
You are responsible for
- Responsible for Requirements, Design, implementation, test and integration of his software module in accordance with the SW Unit Requirement and design specifications, easy to maintain, extendible (components and modules) and re-usable
- Ensures that his software is reliable, efficient, easy to maintain, and user-friendly.
- Ensures that there is proper documentation for the developed SW.
- Conducts Concept & Feasibility studies. Leads the introduction of new technologies
- Technically responsible for the software in (sub-) projects. Control and verify that the SW is build according to his SW architecture. Verifies that the integration is according to the architecture
- Ensures the mutual consistency and efficient integration of the separate components in modular design that meets the product specification
- Maintains software by solving problems and implementing changes
- Ensures that SW modules meets the product certification requirements
- Is abreast of / participates in standards identification responsible for designing
- Networks with colleagues within BU and beyond and maintains external contacts for benchmarking, new SW-technologies, tooling, design methods, and reflects them to the SW-group
- Draws up personal schedule and reports on progress.
- Contributes to the Work Breakdown Structure/ the planning process of his/her area.
- Keeps abreast of technical developments in own field through study of literature and technical contacts.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with country specific regulations
You are a part of
- Diagnostic X-Ray R&D team. Philips HIC, Pune is playing a key role in Philips global strategy for DXR. With Philips HIC, the foundation was laid to touch billions of lives and reiterate Philips commitment towards Indian and growth healthcare markets.
- To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Completed engineering studies at university level; BE/BTech/ME/Mtech Electronics/Electrical/Computer Science with 7+ years of experience
- Knowledge of OOPS (Object oriented programming) concept, Embedded SW in C, C++, RTOS (Real time operating system);
- CPU concepts – stack, heap, memory mapping, linkers
- Knowledge of design of serial / network communications including UART (RS-232, RS-485), CAN, I2C, SPI, USB, Ethernet (TCP/IP, UDP), EtherCAT.
- Knowledge of digital design including embedded processors/ FPGA, memory, ADC/DACs, Displays etc.
- Ability to understand and debug problems across hardware/software boundaries and should have experience of SW development (coding) /debugging on prototype hardware and changing requirements.
- Experience in the field of Medical Devices product design e.g. X-Ray, Mammography systems etc. will be added advantage
- Knowledge of IEC 60601/IEC 62304 standards is added advantage
- Disciplined team worker, ability to work independently
- System thinking mindset and domain expertise in the related area
- Ability to present ideas and to convince project team members
- Be structured and self-organized
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player, leadership skills and drive for results
- Quality mindset in design and documentation