Oracle is looking for an experienced software Developer to join the GAM product development team. The Developer should be proficient in Java/J2EE, XML, PL/SQL, Java Script, HTML and CSS. The Developer will be working with a team of developers through the full development life cycle to design, develop and test new product and customer feature enhancements.
- Analysis of business requirements
- Writing external and internal design documents and conducting reviews with Product Architecture
- Design/code walkthroughs with Product Development and Quality Assurance
Coding, testing and debugging
- System Integration and performance/scalability testing
- Review of Quality Assurance Test plans
- Work leadership in resolving problems and work assignments
- Customer support and problem solving
Preferred skills and experience
- B.E/B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent with 3 to 6 years of experience in application software development
- Strong knowledge in core java programming, good experience in J2EE concepts, XML, Hibernate, SQL/PL SQL, UI programming (HTML, JS, CSS)
- Working knowledge of object oriented design concepts
- Excellent Debugging skills using Java debugging and Web Developer tools
- Experience in REST/Web services. Must be able to use all web methods like GET, PUT, POST, DELETE etc. and understanding of SOAP
- Test Frameworks: Junit
- IDEs: Eclipse
- Application servers: Weblogic
- Experience and knowledge in Build Tools : Hudson/Jenkins, Ant, Maven, basics of Shell/PERL/Python scripting and basic knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Working knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Familiarity with Oracle Database
- Knowledge of distributed and/or client server application architecture
- Exposure to advanced UI technologies like (JQuery/Angular JS/Knockout JS/Node JS) will be an add on
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to deliver on-time and achieve customer satisfaction
- Self-motivated and able to work well with globally distributed teams
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will perform detailed design based on provided high level design specifications. Assist in system planning, scheduling and implementation. Build enhancements (including new product features) and resolve bugs. Build and execute unit test and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Interact with QA and porting engineering about problems in the code.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 1 year of software engineering or related experience.