Job Description Summary
As a Field Engineer you will be required to perform services and maintenance activities on customers’ site/property. These activities contribute to, maintain, repair and refurbish sold or existing products. Includes all types of maintenance service (preventive and remedial), manage maintenance facilities and field services engineering. Accountable for the quality of own work. Subject to direct operations supervision/prescribed work instructions/systems checking. Executes within a well-defined operations framework. There is generally a step by step sequence of standard operational tasks which need to be followed to achieve an end result.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world
Roles and Responsibilities
- Technical: Maintains all models specific to DGS modality in the assigned area.
- Electronic/Mechanical: Total system level trouble-shooting on complex multi-symptom problems.
- Customer satisfaction: Daily interface with doctors and technicians on equipment status issues. Acts to ensure satisfaction to primary customers.
- LCT: Assists in Account Sales visits; helps train others where necessary; identify Sales opportunities and communicate to account team.
- Business growth: Assists in the growth and direction of business in his/her geographic area.
- Productivity: Responsible for Warranty and PMS contract cost control.
- Administration: Responsibly completes all administration tasks on time. Ensures timely completion of FMIs and PMS inspections documentation for assigned accounts.
- Installation: Plays a leading role in complex and multi functional rooms. Shares best practices. Maintain effective quality systems and programs compliant with ISO 9001 standard, according to the GE Service Quality Policy Statement.
Quality Specific Goals
- Comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines. Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
- Identify and report any personal quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization. Insure timely dispatch closure.
- Ensure completion of all field modifications instructions (FMI’s) within prescribed timeframe.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible.
- This role requires minimum 4 plus years of experience in CATH LAB and Field Services.
- Knowledge level is comparable to a Engineering degree from any accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience in field service).
- Comprehensive knowledge of handling DGS modality & multi-modalities (optional).
- Excellent communications, listening and interpersonal skills.
Location: Tamil Nadu