We are looking for 4 to 6 years in Industrial process automation Simulation software (or Industrial automation like DCS / PLC) testing (or engineering DCS) experience BE / B Tech (Instrumentation / Electrical / Electronic Engineering)
As a product software testing engineer you will be responsible majorly for system test of the simulation software used with industrial automation products. Main responsibilities include test case design and test execution and arriving the decision to release the product. Task involves conducting both manual and automated test. You will be responsible to carry out both feature test and regression tests as per product release cycles.
Experience & Skill Set
- Primarily responsible for defining the test scenarios & performing tests to ensure the product quality.
- Take the ownership of multiple modules/opportunities within the product.
- Consults Product Managers and R&D Project Managers in the requirement definition concerning the testability of the requirement.
- Contribution in test planning for the product.
- The individual acquires knowledge of newer modules, products, domain independently.
- He/she shall have the working knowledge of test management.
- Understands the stated and underlying needs of the customer, beyond those expressed specifically
- Analyzes requirements to define test cases, reviews test cases of other team members.
- Performs requirements verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete and conforming to standards.
- Participates in design reviews. Identifies potential technical problems or design flaws.
- Participates in the evolution/implementation of product development processes and tools.
- Listens to customers feedback informally, analyzes customer feedback and acts on it.
- Interacts with internal stakeholders such as support representatives, developers, technical writers, project managers, and quality assurance personnel.
- Plans, coordinates, and tracks activities in her / his area of technical responsibility.
- ISTQB Foundation certificate is preferred
- Preferred experience in testing of web application, knowledge on testing of web API with the help of tools like POSTMAN, SWAGGER UI and web application performance testing with tool JMeter.
- Candidates with experience in cloud application testing will be an added advantage.
- Experience in lean/agile practices
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the agile teams
- Exposure in working with multi-site global teams
- Acts in accordance with regulations and rules
- Good communication skills
- Self-reliant and Team player
- Analytic thinker and innovative
- Quick learner