Disregard the whole number part of the previous result and multiply the rest again. The whole number part of this new result is the second binary digit to the right of the point.
Continue the process until you get 0 as the decimal part, or until you recognise an infinite repeating pattern.
Disregard the whole number part of the previous result and multiply by 2 once again. The whole number part of the result is now the next binary digit to the right of the point. Continue the process according to the length.
- Download and install LabVIEW.
- Click LabVIEW on desktop.
- Open Shannonfanoeliasfinal.vi
- Provide source symbols for x1, x2, etc, probabilities P1, P2, etc. While applying the input probability value, the sum will be equal to 1, since the total probability of symbol should be 1.
- Click Run. Generated code should satisfy prefix and instantaneous properties.
Note. Shannonfanoelias.vi is the main VI. We have binary converter.vi along with this main VI. While opening the main VI, if you face any error or question mark, double-click on the question mark. The error will be moved since it is linked with binary converter.vi.
K.M. Abubeker and Praseeda B. Nair are assistant professors in the department of ECE, Amal Jyothi College of Engineering, Kanjirapally, Kerala