Bangalore, India and Cambridge, UK – September 27, 2016 – ARM has released new on-chip interconnect technology delivering the scalability, performance and efficiency demanded across multiple markets including 5G networks, data center infrastructure, HPC, automotive and industrial systems. The ARM Core Link CMN-600 Coherent Mesh Network interconnect and Core Link DMC-620 Dynamic Memory Controller enable the latest ARM-based SoCs to offer unmatched data throughput and the lowest edge to cloud latency in the market.
The combination of performance and efficiency provided by the third-generation CoreLink coherent backplane products advances the Intelligent Flexible Cloud by enabling efficient compute capability at any point from the edge of the network to the cloud.
Highest-performing coherent back plane IP for intelligent connected systems
Optimized with the latest ARM Cortex-A processors, Core Link CMN-600 and Core Link DMC-620 are the industry’s only complete coherent back plane IP solution for the ARMv8-A architecture. Designers and system architects can scale high-performance SoC designs from 1 to 128 Cortex-A CPUs (32 clusters) with native ARM AMBA 5 CHI interfaces, the industry standard specification for high-performance on-chip communication. Other key benefits and features include:
- New architecture achieving higher frequencies (2.5 GHz and higher), 50 percent lower latency
- 5x higher throughput and more than 1TB/s of sustained bandwidth
- New Agile System Cache with intelligent cache allocation to enhance any sharing of data between processors, accelerators and interfaces
- Supporting CCIX the open industry standard for coherent multi-chip processor and accelerator connectivity
- Core Link DMC-620 includes integrated ARM Trust Zone security and supports 1 to 8 channels of DDR4-3200 memory and 3D stacked DRAM for up to 1TB per channel
Accelerated SoC development and system deployment
Advanced ARM Socrate system IP tooling accelerates the bring-up of SoC designs which integrate ARM coherent back plane IP. ARM intelligence embedded within Core Link Creator automates the construction of a scalable custom mesh interconnect, and can generate RTL in minutes. For automated AMBA connectivity, ARM Socrates DE is able to rapidly configure and connect IP blocks.
With ARM Fast Models, software development can begin prior to silicon availability. Fast Models offer a functionally accurate programmer’s view of ARM IP, enabling development of software such as drivers, firmware, OS and applications. Ongoing ARM work with the open source community also accelerates software development time as open source drivers are available for Core Link IP.