Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA – September 17, 2016 – GL Communications Inc., announced today its enhanced MAPS CAP and MAPS INAP Protocol Emulators. These two protocol emulators have been enhanced to include automatic handling of SCCP parameters and low balance call flow scenarios.
Speaking to the press, Mr.Karthik Ramalingam, a Senior Manager for Product Development of the company said, “The Intelligent Network (IN) is a network architecture used in fixed as well as mobile telecom networks. It allows operators to provide value-added services in addition to the standard telecom services such as PSTN, ISDN and GSM services on mobile phones.”
He added, “The intelligence is provided by network between functional entities such as Service Control Function (SCF) and Service Switching Function (SSF). Intelligent Network Application Part (INAP) and Customized Applications for Mobile Networks Enhanced Logic Application Part (CAP) are the protocols used in Intelligent Networks. INAP is for fixed networks whereas CAP is extended version of INAP and is used for mobile networks. “
Mr. Ramalingam further added, “GL’s Message Automation & Protocol Simulation (MAPS
- Multi-protocol, Multi-interface Simulation
- Test Service Usage Charging for Voice, Data, SMS etc
- Cost-of-call verification through balance check
- Test Premium Calling and Toll-Free Services
- Provides fault insertion, and erroneous call flows testing capability
- Performance testing, Load testing, Functional testing, Regression testing and Conformance testing of network elements
- Ready scripts make testing procedure simpler, less time consuming and hence time to market products
- Test response of network against protocol message modification, or corruption
- Inter-operability testing of networks
About GL Communications Inc.,
GL Communications Inc, is a global provider of test and measurement solutions and has over the years worked with major telecom equipment vendors, service providers, and system integrators to meet the testing requirements arising at various stages of telecom products development life cycle.
GL offers a broad set of test solutions that help perform all types of testing on networks, from initial system design, to fine-tuning, troubleshooting, live deployment, and monitoring. The products are widely used to verify and ensure ‘quality and reliability’ of Wireless (4G LTE, 3G, 2G), SONET/SDH, IP, TDM, and PSTN networks.
GL core product development is backed by a strong team of R&D experts to match evolving market and technical challenges in a most cost-effective and innovative way.