Reduces damaging heat generation and is compatible with varying frequencies, thereby maximising module performance
However, communication functionality that is even more advanced than existing 4G LTE technology demand complex processing that can affect the ability of modules to perform to their full potential.
The newly developed UMNZ1 Series 5G NR Module helps overcome that issue as it is suitable for automotive use with C-V2X features and compliant with 3GPP Release 15. By suppressing heat generation and offering greater heat dissipation, the module’s performance is maximised.
Additionally, the module has compatibility with the varying frequencies used by specifications worldwide, helping to reduce the development workload for customers.
- Original structure enhances heat dissipation for reliable performance
- Flatness controlled in original design for stability in mounting
- Compatibility reduces the customer’s development workload
- Supported modems: 2G: GSM; 3G: WCDMA; 4G: LTE; 5G: NR
- Supported features: Cellular, C-V2X, DSDA, GNSS, etc.
- Supply voltage: +5.0/+3.7V
- Operating temperature range: -40°C to +85°C
- Telematics control units (TCU)
- V2X onboard units (OBU)
- V2X road-side units (RSU)
Alps Alpine has begun the shipments of module samples and soon they can be used for advancing the implementation of next-generation communication solutions based on V2X systems and 5G.