- TRACO POWER’s new converter series come with a wide input range, allowing coverage of multiple voltage using a single device
- Eliminates the need for expensive high voltage capacitors to cover full input range
TRACO POWER introduces the TEP 40UIR & TEP 60UIR, two series of high-performance railway DC-DC converters with ultra-wide 12:1 input voltage range 9–75,14–160 VDC. The ultra-wide input allows the converter to act as an all-in-one solution for covering different voltage ranges in the same application, resolving the issue of having multiple different converters installed.
An internal circuit present in these modules helps to extend the hold-up time with ease while eliminating the need for expensive high voltage capacitors to cover the full input range. With only a 25V capacitor (independent of the input voltage), the whole input range can be covered effectively reducing cost, size and inrush current.
All models are approved for railway applications according to EN 50155 and EN 61373. They are also qualified according to EN 45545-2 (for fire behaviour) and offer standard features such as:
- High efficiency of up to 91 per cent
- Operating temperature range of -40 degrees Celsius to +85 degrees Celsius
- I/O-isolation voltage of 3000 VAC.
Adjustable under-voltage lockout function, remote on/off and adjustable output voltage ensure that these converter modules fit in any application setup.
The devices are available in a compact quarter-brick metal package with dimensions 5.8 cm x 3.68 cm x 1.27 cm (2.3”x1.45”x0.5”).