Trickle charges storage elements like rechargeable Li-Ion batteries, thin-film batteries or conventional capacitors
The Xidas EHM-UNIV-1 is a small, turn-key surface mount module designed to capture small amounts of harvested energy from sources such as photovoltaic cells, piezoelectric, electro-mechanical and thermoelectric generators. It continuously trickle charges storage elements like rechargeable Li-Ion batteries, thin-film batteries or conventional capacitors. This module is especially useful to power small electronic devices and battery-free systems.
When utilised with the Xidas’s RHB-1530 small hybrid supercapacitor/ lithium battery, this provides the ideal solution for driving wireless sensors.
The EHM-UNIV-1 combines state-of-the-art power management integrated circuit (PMIC) with supporting circuitry that reduces the number of required external components and development cost. The signal conditioning provides direct input for DC input sources (e.g. photovoltaic cells) or built-in rectification circuitry for AC sources (e.g. electromagnetic transducers). This input conditioning and PMIC allow for energy harvesting from signals as low as 380mV.
The EHM-UNIV-1 provides two independent output voltages: a tunable regulated output voltage (VREG) as well as an unregulated system voltage (VSYS), proportional to the energy storage level. VREG stems from a low drop-out regulator with up to 150mA, whose output voltage can be set to nine distinct levels by a single external resistor, across the range from 1.5V to 3.6V. The system output voltage allows for an even higher output current (up to 1A), protected by a resettable fuse. This output becomes ideal for wireless devices that require higher surges in current when transmitting or receiving, such as Wifi or cellular.
- User-selectable DC or AC input sources (with built-in rectification)
- Configurable maximum power-point tracking (MPPT)
- High and low-current output voltages with short-circuit and ESD protection
- Over-charge and discharge protection
- Built-in charge controller for Li-Ion batteries and supercapacitor
- Compact footprint, plug-and-play design
- All-in-one energy harvesting solution: VP3: Vibration Perpetual Power Pod, RHB-1530: Rechargeable High Pulse Battery and VEG – Vibration Energy Harvesting Generator
- Startup Threshold w/ RHB1530 battery: 380 mV
- Maximum Input Voltage (VIN): 3.6 V
- Configurable Regulated Output (VREG): 1.5 V to 3.6 V
- High current system voltage output (VSYS): up to 1 A (protected by resettable fuse)
- Operating quiescent current: 510 nA
- Sleeping quiescent current: 390 nA
- Operating junction temperature range: -40°C to 125°C
- Storage temperature range: -65°C to 150°C
- Smart Building
- Smart Agriculture
- Smart Utilities
- Smart Healthcare