This tiny board incorporates the state-of-the-art technology to meet easy-to-use versatility and be ready for sensing anywhere
To help bring smart sensing and intelligence at the edge, Arduino Pro in collaboration with Bosch Sensortec has launched the Nicla Sense ME, a board with a compact form-factor that features the latest innovative Bosch sensor technology. Featuring a 9DoF smart motion sensor and a 4DoF environmental sensor with AI capabilities, the board can address a wide range of applications in the different segments of the IoT market. From IIoT to sports equipment, from home automation to predictive maintenance, and from air quality monitoring to theft prevention systems, the small, smart Nicla Sense ME is ready to deploy constant data monitoring and AI capabilities anywhere, for anyone.
The Nicla Sense ME includes Bosch Sensortec’s:
- BHI260AP AI sensor system with integrated motion sensor
- BMM150 magnetometer
- BMP390 pressure sensor
- BME688 4-in-1 gas sensor with AI and integrated high-linearity and high-accuracy pressure, humidity and temperature sensors
The presence of so many sensors enables the solution to process many different types of data on the edge with increased autonomy, reduced latency and power consumption, offering more privacy and requiring less bandwidth. While Nicla Sense ME’s robust design makes it suitable for projects that need to leverage AI capabilities on the edge, its power-saving operation and clear programming structure make it perfect for research projects, rapid prototyping and development.
- Integrates Arduino’s fast deployment and easy configuration with Bosch Sensortec’s state-of-the-art components
- Combines low-power sensor nodes with a powerful processing power for handling AI and machine learning on the edge
- Ready to use and future proof; allows for additional sensors
- Compatible with upcoming Nicla products, Arduino Pro MKR and Portenta families
- Its 22.86 mm x 22.86 mm size is a perfect choice for applications that require compact size and low power consumption
- Can be used as a battery-powered standalone board or is attachable to an Arduino board
“It’s a tiny board with a really great mix of sensors combined with high computational power, opening up a whole new range of applications leveraging on sensor fusion. Smart building automation, mobile and wearable devices, industrial and professional equipment are key targets”, says Adriano Chinello, Head of Arduino Pro.
“The Arduino Nicla Sense ME combines the hardware and software know-how in one platform and ensures high-speed time-to-market for our users. Bosch Sensortec’s self-learning AI smart motion sensor, the environmental sensor with AI capabilities and all the other sensors allow a broad range of applications to address the different segments of the IoT market. This way developing intelligent, low-power and scalable edge sensing applications are easier than ever before.” says Dr Stefan Finkbeiner, CEO of Bosch Sensortec GmbH.
The name Nicla is Greek for “victory of the people”. The ‘ME’ in Sense ME stands for ‘Motion’ and ‘Environment’. With such cool features, this intelligent, easy-to-use, cost-effective and versatile tool is suitable for advanced users and enthusiasts alike.
The Arduino Nicla Sense ME can now be obtained from Bosch Sensortec or Arduino.