Enables developers to understand, integrate and deploy new technologies that deliver advanced safety features
Enabling functional, protocol and radio frequency (RF) measurements on 3GPP Release14 is the new C-V2X Autonomous Drive Emulation (ADE) solution by Keysight Technologies.
By aiding C-V2X devices from Keysight’s UXM 5G Wireless Test platform, the new solution facilitates in achieving fully autonomous driving with the help of highly complex software infused with artificial intelligence (AI) that can correctly interpret and act upon streams of real-time data from the surrounding infrastructure and arrays of in-vehicle-based sensors.
Keysight’s C-V2X ADE solution on the UXM 5G Wireless Test platform supports a range of test types that will support future releases of 5G new radio (NR) C-V2X, thus helping developers understand, integrate and deploy new technologies that enable advanced safety features, including hardware-in-the-loop, (HIL) closed-loop systems, which the automotive industry uses to emulate the vehicle systems that surround and connect to any newly developed components.
Additional investment protection includes:
- Transmitter Testing: Power, error-vector magnitude (EVM), frequency accuracy, in-band emissions, adjacent channel leakage ratio (ACLR).
- Receiver Testing: Sensitivity, maximum input level, adjacent-channel selectivity.
- Protocol Testing: Ensure correct PC5 link protocol, V2X message types and content are sent and received. Comprehensive coverage of C-V2X and LTE protocol test cases for GCF and PTCRB device certification testing.
- Application Layer Testing: Incorporate application-level testing that integrates C-V2X scenarios with HIL systems.
Keysight’s C-V2X ADE solution with the UXM 5G Wireless Test platform provides an environment emulator for in-lab testing suitable for realistic roadway scenarios, from mundane to rare. Using total scene generation, it exercises advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) software using time-synchronised inputs to the actual sensors, enabling:
- Validation of system performance earlier in the development cycle, thus enhancing validation with synchronous testing of communication-based systems with application-level testing that integrates C-V2X scenarios with HIL systems.
- Platform flexibility for adding relevant sensor types and expanding as sensor systems and test requirements evolve.
- Reduction of integration costs by leveraging an existing test environment and workflow, protecting investments in HIL systems and 3D modellers via an open ADE architecture.
- Verification of performance relative to the relevant intelligent transportation system (ITS) stack, ensuring accurate communication to and from the vehicle, covering cases for all major regions: China, Europe and the United States.
- 24×7 regression testing to ensure the quality of future updates as well as consistent testing of features and updates that are released after the start of production.
“As the trend towards autonomous vehicles is continuously gaining momentum, the complexities for non-line-of-sight test cases and drive emulation scenarios are becoming increasingly important,” said Thomas Goetzl, vice president and general manager of Keysight’s Automotive & Energy Solutions business unit. “Keysight’s C-V2X ADE solution will enable automotive engineering teams to emulate and verify complex closed-loop drive scenarios in a lab environment under controlled and repeatable test conditions to maximise safety for passengers and road users alike.”