New Essential Analog products achieve robust protection and highest accuracy for IoT, industrial and healthcare applications
Designers can now attain twice the battery life coupled together with robust protection and high accuracy for the internet of things (IoT), industrial and healthcare applications with three new Essential Analog ICs: the MAX41400 instrumentation amplifier, the MAX40108 precision operational amplifier and the MAX31343 real-time clock (RTC) with integrated MEMS oscillator.
About The ICs:
- The MAX41400 instrumentation amplifier enhances sensor system accuracy by 4x and extends battery life by 55 per cent. It also provides a low offset of 25µV, low noise and programmable gain with only 65µA current consumption.
- The MAX40108 is a low-voltage precision operational amplifier, operating with supplies as low as 0.9V. The combination of low operational supply voltage, lower power consumption and 25.5µA quiescent current allows engineers to double sensor battery life.
- The MAX31343 I²C RTC with integrated MEMS oscillator provides timekeeping accuracy of ±5ppm plus robust protection afforded by a MEMS resonator. With its integrated resonator, the MAX31343 eliminates crystal mechanical failures and enables the smallest WLP.
- Extended battery life: The MAX40108 precision operational amplifier doubles sensor battery life with 0.9V operation. In battery-operated industrial sensors, the MAX41400 extends battery life from existing 7.4 hours to 11.5 hours.
- High Accuracy: The MAX31343 provides the highest accuracy timing, guaranteeing <3min deviation per year. The MAX41400 enhances sensor system accuracy by up to two effective bits with a combination of low offset, low noise and integrated programmable gain.
- Robust Protection: Along with its nano power and high accuracy features, the MAX31343 also provides shock resistance of >2900G and vibration resistance of >50G.
“The growth of industrial and healthcare IoT applications is driving a growing need for enhanced battery life management and accuracy of measurement to support the reduction of power consumption and availability of devices,” said Adam Davidson, analyst at Omdia.
“These three products represent the best in our Essential Analog offering,” said Vickram Vathulya, vice president of Core Products Group at Maxim Integrated. “Maxim’s mission continues to be providing engineers with the finest products to sense and interface with the analogue world. These solutions provide superb accuracy and low power consumption for the most demanding sensor applications.”
The MAX41400, the MAX40108 and the MAX31343 along with their respective evaluation kits, the MAX41400EVKIT#, the MAX40108EVKIT# and the MAX31343SHLD# evaluation are available from Maxim Integrated and authorised distributors.