- Infineon Technologies’ CoolSiC™ MOSFET Modular Application Design Kit (MADK) boards help reduce time to market of servo drive applications
- SiC minimises power losses by up to 80 per cent, thus requiring no cooling or presence of cabinets
As part of the MADK platform for motors of up to 7.5 kW, the evaluation board EVAL-M5-IMZ120R-SIC is a 3-phase inverter board for servo drive applications.
For this, silicon carbide helps in reducing semiconductor power losses by up to 80 per cent. This technology allows zero maintenance of drives since. It also allows the integration of motor and drives with less complex cabling, making inverter cabinets redundant. The evaluation board provides support during the initial steps of designing applications with the CoolSiC™ MOSFET 1200 V in discrete packages (IMW120R045M1) and EiceDRIVER™ 1200 V isolated gate driver (1EDI20H12AH). The assembled discrete has a rated blocking voltage of 1200 V at a typical on-state resistance of 45 mΩ while the board supports all CoolSiC™ MOSFETs in 3pin and 4pin TO247 packages.
The evaluation board features:
- Integrated 3-phase rectifier EMI filter
- Current sensors
- Protection features as well as thermal management and heatsink.
- Access to analogue and control signals with test pads
- 32-pin interface connector for all control signals
- M5 connector is fitted to the controller board XMC DriveCard 4400 (KIT_XMC4400_DC_V1)
To ensure precise measurements, the signals are isolated from the power section. The combination of evaluation and control board makes the motor run with little effort and within a short period.
The evaluation board EVAL-M5-IMZ120R-SIC is now available