The efficient GaN and GaAs multi-chip modules deliver up to 10 watts of saturated power over high operational bandwidth
Introducing a fully integrated T/R Front-End Module (FEM) series that can deliver up to 10 Watts of saturated RF transmit power in a small, 7 mm x 5 mm land grid array (LGA) package. Suitable for next-generation X-band radar and surveillance platforms, the FEM series offers high power density, reliability and reduced size.
The FEM series consists of the QPF5010 (10-watts), QPF5005 (5-watts) and QPF5002 (2-watts) solutions. With three different power ratings (10W, 5W, 2W) in the same package configuration, the series delivers flexibility for more advanced designs, eliminating the need to create new and unique layouts for each power rating.
The QPF5010 operates between 8-12 GHz (X-band) and delivers Power Added Efficiency (PAE) of 30-40%. This is achieved by using best-in-class GaN and GaAs solutions for the four functional blocks, including the T/R switch, power amplifier, low-noise amplifier and limiter.
- Compact size to make design, layout, assembly and test easier to achieve.
- Shorter design cycles and faster time to market
- Integrated Surface Mount Technology (SMT) design improves overall reliability and extends Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF)
- Procurement and supply chain challenges are reduced due to a smaller bill of materials (BOM).
- The heterogeneous multi-chip module (MCM) packaging capability can be extended to other frequency bands and applications as needed.
The QPF5010, QPF5005 and QPF5002 are now available for sampling and can be obtained from Qorvo.