The prototyping platform is supported by the new Connected Home over IP standards that are being developed by Zigbee
The OPTIGA Trust M supports many features that are highly valuable for the Connected Home over IP standards:
- Common Criteria Certified EAL6+ (high) hardware security controller.
- Infineon true Zero Touch Provisioning and Secured and Certified Chain of Trust.
- Secured data storage and full X.509 certificate handling.
- Cryptographic support for AES, ECC NIST and Brainpool P256/384/512, RSA, TLS.
- TRNG/DRNG random number generators.
- I2C interface with Shielded Connection (AES encrypted and Authenticated communication).
- Hibernating mode for zero power consumption.
The new “Connected home security evaluation kit with OPTIGA Trust M for Raspberry Pi” enables these features to be easily employed. All that is required for the integration is the OPTIGA Trust M and support software from Infineon, a Raspberry Pi board supplied by the customer and Zigbee Alliance’s open-source reference software implementation of the Connect Home over IP standards.