- ADLINK Technology’s addition of the Node-RED app to its Vizi-AI devkit assists users to easily create outcomes from vision inference
- Vizi-AI devkit includes Intel-based processsors and ADLINK software
By easily connecting Vizi-AI to a variety of image capture devices, developers can deploy and improve machine learning models, and harness insight from vision data for optimised operational decision-making and automated actions, such as alert messaging (when a worker is too close to hazardous machinery or is not wearing the proper safety gear).
The Vizi-AI devkit includes:
- Intel Atom™ based SMARC computer-on-module with Intel® Movidius™ Myriad™ X VPU and 40 pin connector
- Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, which optimises deep learning workloads across Intel® architecture−including accelerators and streamlines deployments from the edge to the cloud
- ADLINK Edge™ software that provides enhanced functionality of OpenVINO through the ADLINK Data River™, which enables data to flow freely and securely
- ADLINK Edge™ Profile Builder, which provides a simple, intuitive user experience to manage devices and applications
- ADLINK Edge™ Model Manager, which enables users to add their models to a pre-loaded selection for easy deployment
Node-RED is an open-source UI-based programming tool for easily interconnecting huge dataflows. The ADLINK Edge™ Vizi-AI Node-RED app enables users to easily create outcomes from the vision inference such as turn on a light, an alarm, send an email, a tweet or create a dashboard.
“The Vizi-AI devkit differentiates itself in the Edge AI market by doing for industrial developers what Raspberry Pi did for DIY makers, and provides an easy acquisition path to enable the mass adoption of this simple, affordable machine vision starter device,” said Nick Donaldson, senior director of global alliances and marketing for Arrow’s global services.
Having won several vision innovation/technology awards from the trade media and tech analyst community, Vizi-AI continues to expand its user base and gain industry adoption and recognition.
A community dedicated to the dev kit at www.goto50.ai helps users find support, pre-built scenarios and other useful resources.
ADLINK’s Vizi-AI is available in the Americas and EMEA regions through Arrow Electronics.