IIT Madras Pravartak Technologies Foundation (IITM-PTF), along with Sony India Software Centre has organized a national hackathon called ‘SAMVEDAN 2021 – Sensing Solutions for Bharat’. Registrations for this competition have commenced on July 1 and will close on July 31.
Inviting participation from all over the country, Ashutosh Sharma, Secretary of DST, Government of India, said, “The future is all about a tight convergence of physical systems with communication, computing, information and data gathering, machine sensing, autonomous decisions and actions and control. Thus, sensors of all sorts will play a vital role in the Cyber-Physical Systems.”
The participants are encouraged to make products using Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation’s SPRESENSE™ Board.
Rules and Regulations
- Maximum team size: 3
- Stages of the Competition: quarterfinals, semi-finals and finals.
- A total of 75 ideas will be selected for the quarter-finals, and among them, 25 best ideas will be chosen for the semi-finals.
- There will be seven finalists with prizes for every finalist.
- Prizes worth 3 lakh will be awarded to the best teams.
- Apart from the prize money, the winners will be eligible for an entrepreneurial support scheme by IIT Madras Pravartak Technologies Foundation.
- Further, each quarterfinalist will be provided with a SPRESENSETM board free of cost by Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation through IITM Pravartak Technologies Foundation.
“IITM-PTF aims not only to identify innovative solutions and talents across the country in the area of sensor-based solutions but also to provide a platform to successful start-ups that could solve social problems of national importance. SAMVEDAN is one of the platforms to enable this. IITM-PTF plans to offer Entrepreneur-In-Residence scholarship for the top team for a year which will enable them to nurture it into a start-up,” said event coordinator V Kamakoti, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Madras.
“I hope that more and more people will take advantage of this unique opportunity to participate in the project and come up with innovative ideas that will represent Amazing India.” Said Masayuki Toriumi, managing director, Sony India Software Centre.
For details, visit https://www.pravartak.org.in/samvedan-2021