Rugged solution ideal for smart homes, building automation, instrumentation and battery-powered applications
How It Works
- Active Current Control: Circuitry senses load current and regulate MOSFET gate drives to survive over-current conditions.
- Thermal Shutdown: Circuitry senses die temperature and work in conjunction with Current Limit Control to protect the device.
- Auto Reset: Once the fault condition is removed and SSR reaches specified operating temperature range, the device resumes normal operation. No need to reset SSR or reboot the system.
- Enhances electronics capabilities to survive fault conditions through active current limiting.
- Adapts to fault conditions using thermal shutdown fault mode protection @ 128degrees Celsius die temperature.
- Reduces equipment downtime and high cost of repair by utilizing recovery with auto-reset capabilities, thus avoiding system failures.
- Offers input-output galvanic isolation via 3750VRMS input-to-output isolation.
Typical markets and applications for the CPC1561B include:
- Smart homes
- Building automation
- Battery-powered systems
“The CPC1561B is ideal for markets and applications that cannot be down for long periods of time due to over current, over temperature and electrical stress,” said Steve Andrezyk, Director of Marketing for Littelfuse-IXYS Integrated Circuits. “The CPC1561B output relay can survive harsh conditions and resume normal operation once the fault is removed, thus reducing product down time and potentially eliminating service call time as the SSR both protects itself and resets to resume normal operation.”
The CPC1561B is available in tape and reel format. Sample requests can be placed through authorised Littelfuse distributors worldwide.