Company: GKN Automotive
Role Title: Electronics Design Engineer
Role Purpose: Electronics development of the Electronic Control Unit and Inverter hardware for GKN Driveline and electric powertrain systems
- Develop low voltage and high voltage power electronics designs for core & application Electronic Control Units and Inverters in line with GKN platform strategy
- Responsible for overall product design including simulations, design verification, component selection, schematic design, thermal concept, Design to Cost, and Design for Manufacturing.
- Development of design justification/Worst Case Circuit Analysis to validate design selection (IGBTs, MOSFETs, SiC & GaN and gate drive circuits, capacitors & inductors).
- Perform design verification of electrical hardware products (LV and HV).
- Perform design for functional safety and support Functional Safety engineer on all Electronic Control Unit related workproducts including FTA, DFMEA & FMEDA
- Provide design guidance to the PCB layout engineer.
- Perform requirements engineering activities including analysis of customer requirements and maintaining traceability
- Follow GKN HWE and interface processes according to the V Model
- Interface with Electrical hardware test teams and collaborate on development of End of Line specification
- Conducting design reviews with project stakeholders.
Previous Experience Required
- 3 to 6 years of experience in electronics hardware design and layout for automotive applications, preferably in powertrain or chassis.
- Good understanding and working experience of power electronics circuit design such as Inverters, DC/DC converters, Motor drivers and H bridge.
- Experience with V-model systems development and ISO 26262 standard
- Experience with Hardware Software Interface Document creation.
- Experience with High voltage product testing and test equipment handling.
- Experience performing worst case circuit calculation and analysis using Mathcad.
- Experience with simulation and analysis tools (LT Spice/ PSpice).
- Experience in EMC design rules and improvement measures
- Strong knowledge in debugging faulty boards on HW & Software level.
- Independent worker who takes the initiative
Formal Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Ability to travel 5%-10% of time to customers, external labs, and other GKN facilities globally
Language Skills: Must be fluent in English