The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
Job Description and Requirements
At Synopsys, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Our Silicon Design & Verification business is all about building high-performance silicon chips—faster. We’re the world’s leading provider of solutions for designing and verifying advanced silicon chips. And we design the next-generation processes and models needed to manufacture those chips. We enable our customers to optimize chips for power, cost, and performance—eliminating months off their project schedules.
We’re looking for an Application Engineer to join our team.
Does this sound like a good role for you?
In this role, you will exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action that will resolve a customer issue. Receives general instructions on routine work, and detailed instructions on new assignments. Builds productive internal/external working relationships with customers, colleagues, and associates. Can be relied upon to meet or exceed customer expectations most of the time. Some travel (domestic & international) is required accordingly.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics/Computer Engineering with a minimum of 2+ years( MS with 1+ years) of related work experience in a global or multinational company
- Working knowledge and general proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures required to accomplish the job
- Thorough knowledge of Digital circuits, CMOS concepts, and ASIC design flow
- Good understanding of ASIC flow and flows
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a passion for world-class customer service
- Synopsys-specific tool experience is a plus, but not a must
- Enables adoption of Synopsys Design Implementation solutions, by worldwide customers
- Provides technical support to customers and internal Synopsys teams to solve complex technical issues, faced during the development of ASICs in the leading edge technologies
- Responds to situations to isolate or fix problems or suggest appropriate workarounds to meet critical design schedules
- Provides feedback about the tools and methodologies, for product engineering (PAEs) and
- R&D teams to enhance the quality of Synopsys’ solutions.
- Likely to also be involved in installation at customer sites, project deployment, and customer training