Working as PCB Design Engineer for Signify is dynamic. As a PCB Layout Engineer, you’ll be responsible for creating the next generation of leading-edge PCB Layout designs. We’re greater together through peer learning in our globally diverse team, with different backgrounds and nationalities. We’re looking for a PCB Design Engineer who’ll be responsible for understanding the product requirements to design, develop PCBs for Lighting Products.
You will be responsible for ensuring the successful PCB design comprising of the component placement, routing, setting up the constraints for layout design ( as per UL, IPC guidelines), reviews with the stakeholders, DFx ( DFM, DFA and DFT) rules, creating fabrication and assembly dats and reviews before sharing with contract manufacturers.
What you’ll do
- Work in conjunction with remote engineering and internal resources to create the overall PCB layout timelines as well as define deliverables and drive to PCB completion.
- Design and develop PCB Layouts for control modules, LED drivers, wireless area controllers, LED boards etc. that meet performance, quality, time-to-market, and cost targets as specified by development team.
- Responsible for all the PCB layout deliverables, including design files and documents, and addressing any questions from the from supplier to receive quotes on time.
- Perform the component placement, routing, Gerber reviews, DRC checks etc.
- Perform all the required electrical clearance and mechanical clearance checks (such as creepage and clearance and) to ensure design and manufacturing rules are met.
- Create and deliver all the required technical Product documentation (TPD) related to PCB Layouts.
- Using a single PCB Layout board design, work with Manufacturing Engineering to develop an optimized mechanical panel design consisting of multiple PCB’s.
- Coordinate with hardware engineers, program managers, manufacturing plants, sourcing teams to ensure layout requirements/specifications are clear, complete, and achievable and are consistent with voice of the customer.
- Follow up on any required changes to the PCB Layouts based on sample and pilot runs during the development process to improve manufacturability and testing in Production.
- Carry out any design modifications needed on released PCB’s in Production as part of continuous improvement or due to learnings from the field.
What you’ll need
- Total relevant work experience: 3-6 years (BE in Electronics/Instrumentation/Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering)
- Good knowledge of PCB technologies, PCB materials, and PCB production processes
- Hands on experience in using PCB Layout and verification tools/software such as Mentor Graphics Xpedition, cadence allegro, Altium, valor, CAM350, Gerber view etc.
- Basic knowledge of Lighting and Electronics and Mechanical engineering.
- Should have knowledge & experience on PCB designs for power electronics/drivers & digital electronics designs, microcontrollers, microprocessor and communication protocols-based circuits (I2C, SPI, UART, Ethernet, USB).
- Knowledge on PCB design guidelines for EMI/EMC, SI, high speed design, high voltages, and currents etc.
- Knowledge of the PCB development standards such as IPC-2221, 7351, IPC-A-600, IPC-A-610, UL840 etc.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team member
- An excellent communicator and highly organized
- Ability to learn quickly, handle multiple projects, and work with minimal supervision in a cross-functional team environment.
- Computer skills: knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.