Company: Hitachi Energy
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Responsible for Configuration of IED’s used in EHV Substations using vendor specific tools and testing of CRP and SAS of EHV substations (above 132kV Voltage level).
Ensure that the Projects delivered by HEIL are configured as per the project requirements and tested, put into service on time, meeting highest HEIL quality and OHS standards.
Meet or exceed the customer expectations in testing & configuration of IED in line with project requirements.
- As a testing and configuration engineer, carrying out the configuration of IED’s in line with project requirements and testing of Control and relay panels, Substation automation system delivered and actively contribute in the testing team of Grid Automation Systems.
- Executing the project IED’s configurations and testing safely following all safety standards of HEIL as well as customer. Reports Hazards, Near Misses at working location back to office for records and further improvement.
- Ensuring that customer relations are managed in an optimal way.
- Carrying out the Configurations of IED’s and testing the Control, Protection and SAS panels as per the documented process description and checklists. Continuous interactions with testing Lead and expert help to carry out the testing works effectively.
- Reporting the Configuration and testing project status testing progress & testing plan to testing Lead. Ensure efficient use of the testing assets like Test kits, Tools etc.
- Ensuring project information of any project is fully taken from testing lead and get all IED’s fully configured and tested in line with customer approved drawings and ready for the project specific testing activities before offering the projects to customer during FAT.
- Handing over the marked-up drawings to engineering for preparing the As-build drawing and onward submission to customer to close the project.
- Handing over the final testing backup CD’s, Micro SCADA system backup, IET workplace backup and other backup as per the checklist to lead.
- Actively and regularly (Compulsory for every project) provides feedback to Engineering
- Project Management, manufacturing and quality in way that ensures re-usage of experience.
- Following the key process like Test procedures ,Time sheets and STAART Meetings.
- Ensuring the installed base numerical relays are maintained with minimum revisions by continuously updating the older revisions.
- Ensuring the usage of the latest tools and latest software versions during project IED configurations and testing.
- Continuous learning & acquiring expertise in various protection schemes and Automation system to achieve the higher growth in ‘learning curve’.
- Project drawings & Documents from Test Lead.
- Project IED configurations plan and testing of panels progress reports on daily basis.
- Clear with min MOM points during customer FAT.
- Handing over of project backups once testing is closed.
- Educational qualification required Should be a graduate in Electrical and Electronics engineering
- Should have a minimum of 3 years of experience in testing and commissioning of control and relay panels in projects above 132kV Voltage levels.
- Should have good knowledge on Power system.
- Should have hands on experience with 3 Phase injection test kits like Omicron, Doble, Megger, Ponova etc…
- Should have good knowledge on understanding the schematics of control and relay Panels, primary equipment interlocks.
- Should be ready for frequent travels all over India and overseas wherever assigned for at least next 5 years.
- Should have e good knowledge on configuration of HEIL IED’s and competitors IED’s in line with project requirements
- Should have a minimum of 3 years of experience in commissioning of SAS with IEC61850 standards, IEC101, IEC104, OPC and Modbus protocols.
- Should have good knowledge on communication protocols listed above.
- Should have good knowledge on IEC61850 standards, Ethernet, Serial communications.
- Should have good knowledge on communication protocols such as Modbus, DNP 3.0, IEC 101, IEC 104, OPC,
- Should have competency on networking, configuration of managed Ethernet switches.
- Should have hands on experience on Protocol analyzers like IEC browser and network analyzer tools like wire sharks.