The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Cost out/ VAVE Engineer – Electronics based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- The primary responsibility of this role is to study, analyze the spend data finding out gaps for cost out, create strategies for cost-out project execution for electronics category.
- manufacturing requirements for Components, Printed Circuit Boards and assembly to meet customer specific technical requirements.
- Creating cost out (VA) project and execute cost out projects.
- Analyze spend data finding out gap for cost out.
- Analyze electronic assembly drawings.
- Confers with manufacturing, Product teams, Printed circuit board fab vendors, suppliers to resolve Design For Manufacturing, Design For Testing, Design For Assembly issues.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvements in resolving the supplier queries and immediate solutions and contribute on process improvements with cost out benefit.
- Builds strong relationships with Stakeholder to define acceptable quality levels based on IPC standards of PCB and PCBA.
- Collaboration with mechanical, layout, and electronic team to generate various cost out idea, Simulate or Engineering analysis on generated cost out ideas prepare and execute cost out plan for product
- Product functional & certification testing
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics / Electronics and Communication / Electrical Engineering. (with Electronic cost out experience)
- Total relevant work experience: 3+ years.
- Experience on Electronics Components, PCB, PCBA and component supplier qualifications for technical aspects.
- Preparation of technical compliance agreements with supplier for PCB and PCBA’s
- Hands on experience on CAM tools like CAM350, Gerbview, Valor etc.
- Good Understanding to interpret the PCB and PCBA requirements based on the available Gerbers, fabrication, assembly notes.
- Sound knowledge of the Design for Manufacturing and Assembly. Reflow, wave and hand soldering methodologies
- Knowledge of IPC7351, IPC6011/12, IPC-A-600, IPC-A-610
- Sound knowledge on electronic component fabrication technology and their performance curve.
- Sound knowledge on spend data analysis and strategizing cost out project.
- Strong knowledge in Finding out gaps for electronic cost out (VAVE) – PCB, PCBA, Component, Creating cost out proposals.
- Product functional & certification testing.
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.