- Advertisement -
The primary responsibility of this role is designing for product development and maintenance of LV Circuit Breakers (MCCB & ACB) and Accessories to meet customer specific technical, cost and market related technology requirement in accordance with standards (IEC, UL…). The candidate will be involved in all phases of product development.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design to meet electrical distribution market needs defined by product technical specifications.
- Responsible for the design activities, documentation and manufacturing readiness on LV products like circuit-breakers (MCCB, ACB) and accessories (rotary handle, motor mechanism, trip unit, …).
- Design concepts using engineering fundamentals and analysis tools (material strength, stack-up analysis, mechanism) and conduct design feasibility studies using hands on 3D softwares like Pro/e .
- Have manufacturing/tooling knowledge to deliver plastic parts design.
- Manage execution of prototype design
- Interact with cross-functional teams such as manufacturing, sourcing, finance, marketing and vendors to define requirements, validate designs, implement manufacturing readiness
- Develop and update product documentation including drawings, BOM’s and design guides.
BE / B Tech in Mechanical/Electrical engineering with 3+ relevant experience
- Experience in product design, production Engineering
- Exposure to product design & development like Low Voltage circuit breakers, MCCB, ACB
- Manufacturing knowledge for moulding and tooling
- Good knowledge on materials – plastics
- Working knowledge of CAD/CAE software like Pro/E and mechanism with Dimension chain analysis
- Proven communication & inter personal skills – a clear thinker that can simplify complexity.
- Able to set clear goals, communicate priorities
- Advertisement -
Company: Schneider Electric
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.