If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to it. Cost out/ VALVE Engineer – Electronics based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, and wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role offers the opportunity to:
- The primary responsibility of this role is to study, and analyze the spending data finding out gaps in cost, and create strategies for cost-out project execution for the electronics category.
- manufacturing requirements for Electronic components, Printed Circuit Boards, and assembly to meet customer-specific technical requirements.
- Creating cost-out (VA) project and execution strategies in Electronic Manufacturing and assembly
- Analyze spend data to find out the gap in cost.
- Prepares Electronic Components, PCB, and PCBA specifications by studying the fabrication drawings, and assembly drawings.
- Confers with manufacturing, Product teams, Printed circuit board fab vendors, and suppliers to resolve Design For Manufacturing, Design For Testing, and Design For Assembly issues.
- Demonstrates the application of basic Engineering tools/ principles and evidence of creative thinking
- (Printed circuit board stack up design, Bill Of Materials, Component Placement according to design flow for ease of routing .)
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvements in resolving the supplier queries and immediate solutions and contributes to process improvements with the cost-out benefit
- Builds strong relationships with Stakeholders to define acceptable quality levels based on IPC standards of PCB and PCBA.
- Collaboration with mechanical, layout, and electronic teams to generate various cost out ideas, Simulate or Engineering analysis on generated cost out ideas prepare and execute cost out a plan for product
- Product functional & certification testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics / Electronics and Communication / Electrical Engineering. (with Electronic cost out experience )
- 5+ year’s experience
- Experience in Electronics Components, PCB, PCBA, and component supplier qualifications for technical aspects.
- Preparation of technical compliance agreements with suppliers for PCB and PCBA’s
- Hands-on experience with CAM tools like CAM350, Gerbview, Valor, etc.
- Should study, understand the interpret the PCB and PCBA requirements based on the available Gerbers, fabrication, and assembly notes.
- Must possess knowledge of the PCB material, Soldermask materials, PCB solder finish methods (ENIG, HASL, OSP, etc), conformal coating and methodologies, Panelization, coupons, Layer stack up, prepreg, core materials, Gerber files, fabrication drawings, drills, routes, tooling holes, fiducials, Depanelization methodologies v-Score, mouse Bites, etc.
- Sound knowledge of the Design for Manufacturing and Assembly. Reflow, wave, and hand soldering methodologies
- Knowledge of IPC7351, IPC6011/12, IPC-A-600, IPC-A-610
- Sound knowledge of electronic component fabrication technology and there
- performance curve.
- Sound knowledge of spending data analysis and strategizing cost-out projects.
- Strong knowledge in Finding out gaps for the electronic cost (VAVE) – PCB, PCBA, Component, Creating cost out proposals.
- Product functional & certification testing.
- Preferred certified IPC standards
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
What you will get from us
- Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services.
- We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably.
- Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention, and discovery become reality, each day.
- It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
- We make work exciting, engaging, and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters.
- Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed.
- We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest, or background.