The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
About the Job: Ideal candidate will help bring ownership for a design de-risking of PCBA which may need refresh driven by aging design or supply chain issues. In the journey candidate will work closely with global sites to ensure that Change Management within this portfolio achieves a maturity. Will ensure right design metrics are followed.
Role Purpose Summary
The EE Component Engineer I is a member of a global R&D Team. The role is of a hands-on Electrical/Electronic engineer who is motivated & quick learner of the new product design and update of existing products. The person will play key role in leveraging engineering knowledge to assist team in its Risk Mitigation strategy. The person would also be exposed to design acumen.
Roles & Responsibilities
As part of a multi-functional development team, major responsibility will include (not limited to) Component Engineering in the capacity of an Electrical and Electronics Engineer for PCBA Risk mitigation projects.
- Decipher requirements and technical specification documents & seeks clarification where needed.
- Identify low complexity product requirements & technical specifications under mentorship.
- Build relevant backup info for design concepts & design trade-off analysis under mentorship. Seek & document understanding for different tradeoff parameters and complete component selection to meet the technical specifications.
- Independently perform BOM Scrub / Component search
- Use tools and apply engineering fundamentals
- Learn & repeat, testing as per test plans & test protocols (including functional and regulatory test cases). Record test results accurately and in a structured manner
- Support in design documentation & artifact presentation as per design process.
- Fairly conversant / capable of learning tool usage to support design analysis and simulation.
Skills and Proficiencies
- Excellent understanding of Electrical and Electronics Engineering fundamentals
- Aware & can navigate through design and simulation tools. Learns different tools and intent with hands-on experience
- Can read & visualize drawings
- Applies self-learning to derive component functioning
- Select components and develop basic power architecture
- Ability to run basic calculations to prove design
- Ability to optimally work on the below tasks with mentorship
- Contribute to design concepts, trade off analysis and does component selection to meet the technical specifications
- Contribute to design analysis and simulation ensuring design optimization and confirmation to requirements
- Conduct testing as per test plans (including functional and regulatory test cases). Record test results
- Capture Schematic based on design document and input.
- Build design documents & artifacts as per design process
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering with 2-4 years of experience
- Masters in relevant engineering domain (EE)
- Knowledge of any Circuit design and Simulation tools.
- Handle low complexity Projects independently and medium complex projects with mentorship
- Build work breakdown structure (WBS) of projects with support from senior project managers
- Engage with project cross functional teams (CFT) for reviews to seek inputs under the guidance of Program & design managers
- Experience in Project Management
- C/C++ Embedded Programming
- FPGA based Design and programming using HDL