At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
You as a Embedded Software Development Engineer will be part of Hitachi Energy business-based Chennai. you will be Responsible for Developing software modules of Highest Quality, On-Time & Efficiently and maintain it continuously, with enhancements, bug fixes etc.
- Development: Developing software modules of Highest Quality, On-Time & Efficiently and maintain it continuously, with enhancements, bug fixes etc.
- Testing: Bench Testing or Unit testing for the modules developed or modified.
- Process: Following the defined processes, throughout the development phases, in full.
- Collaborate: Collaborating with teams globally, for development and with customers, both Internal & external, professionally.
- Support: Supporting & working together with the team, for the developments.
- Continuous improvements: Contributing towards continuous improvements, for the products & solutions under development, processes, etc.
- Bachelor’s or Post Graduate Degree in Computer Science or Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Minimum 3-7 years of work experience
- Experience in hands-on development of embedded technologies- digital signal processing, real time operating systems and/or multi-core systems
- Excellent programming capabilities in Embedded C/C++
- Solid knowledge & hands on experience working with Linux
- Experience in debugging and root cause analysis of problems related to above technologies
- Debugging complex multi-threaded and event-based applications
- Sound understanding & working with Agile / scrum process
- Good understanding & working with GIT repository
- Experience working with virtualization technologies – HyperVisors, Containers
- Working knowledge with Communication technologies – EtherCAT, CAN, ModBus
- Exposure to Simulation Environments developments such as Simulink or similar
- Experience working with Machines (VMs)
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required