Ciena Corporation, the network specialist, offers leading network infrastructure solutions, intelligent software and a comprehensive services practice. Our portfolio of software-centric optical and Ethernet platforms combines network element programmability, operating system commonality and management unification, and Carrier Ethernet-based transformation to enable our customers to change the way they compete. Our solutions form the foundation of many of the largest, most reliable and sophisticated service provider, enterprise, government, and research and education networks across the globe.
Ciena’s 6500 Product Family seeks an application software designer to develop application software for the provisioning, alarm detection/reporting, conditioning etc for the GigE/FC/OCn/OTM facilities on the optical transponder modules on the 6500 product.
- Participate in C, C++ software development of new functionality in various software components.
- Participate in the design of various embedded software/firmware applications.
- Test, document, debug and maintain the applications.
- Participate in backlog defect reduction.
- Write scripts, test utilities, and other development tools.
The successful applicant will have the following skills:
- Good experience in designing embedded application software or firmware for telecom domain solution.
- Good understanding of network technology and preferably working experience in SONET/Ethernet/OTN/Fiber channel/CPRI.
- Programming experience in C/C++.
- Programming experience with Inter-process communication facilities on Linux and VxWorks.
- Programming experience in bash, perl
- Broad experience in multiple aspects of embedded Linux and VxWorks.
- Comfortable in a lab environment and able to integrate software onto custom hardware.
- Familiarity with the Linux and VxWorks build-process.
- Working knowledge of VxWorks OS and Kernel.
- Familiarity with Perforce, ClearCase, GIT or other SCM.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work within a team, and to influence other teams. An independent worker who can handle projects by understanding requirements from PLMs, plan and design with System Architects.
- Understanding of profiling tools for resource usage and performance.
- Understanding of Debug equipment’s like Jtag debugger, emulators.
- Knowledge of Optical networks is an added advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronics or Computer Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in C/C++ on embedded Linux and VxWorks.
- 5+ years of experience in an embedded software design role.
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.