About the job
Futuristic Labs is exactly what it sounds like – a place to ‘dream’ & ‘build’ futuristic products. A research and product development studio with an enthusiastic team working towards building innovative consumer products to create a future with superior and healthier lifestyle.
At the moment we are set out to solve home cooking. To achieve this, we have RIKU, our flagship product, which is a fully automatic, AI assisted rice and curry maker. Other products in this ecosystem are : Semi – A smart induction cooktop, A digital kitchen app and a Recipe platform. The perfect blend of hardware and software.
So if you love good home cooked food and are excited to build an automated solution for the entire cooking process, then this is the place for you!
So what’s this role about?
You will be working on our flagship product Riku. Your code helps people have finger licking meals at the tap of a button. You will work closely with the application, hardware, design and manufacturing teams to develop the software/firmware in C/C++ (and/or Python) for the entire product. Your contribution will be an essential part of the success of the company, Riku is currently in Design Validation Phase(End User Testing) and we are looking for firmware specialist to move it towards production.
What you’ll do
- Work with the CTO to architect, define and implement firmware for our current as well as future versions of our smart kitchen appliances.
- Design, develop new features, maintain existing code base as well as test and debug high quality firmware for our smart kitchen appliances. This will include writing low level device drivers, middleware, UI flows and multi-threaded application development in C/C++.
- Take impactful technical decisions which involves prioritising and implementing new features as well as maintaining and improving existing ones.
- Create technical documentation for product architecture, firmware design, application notes and test plan.
- Collaborate with electrical, mechanical, software(applications) team and interact as necessary to resolve any dependency or roadblocks
- You will build and constantly improve the test suite on the software (integration, functional tests)
- Create test scripts and suites to validate product and speed up development.
- Develop firmware for the manufacturing test fixtures.
- Research & learn new technologies as necessary to improve the current product, solve any problems and unlock new features.
- Develop and contribute to our SDK to allow 3rd party developers to easily implement their application and integrate with the product.
- Regular participation in usability research to identify methods for improving our efficiency and effectiveness
- Assist with daily tastings and testing of delicious recipes :).
What we think you will need to succeed
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. in Electrical/Computer Engineering with relevant experience
- 4+ years of experience writing embedded firmware for mechanical control from low level drivers to high level application development in C and C++
- Shipped production code for a product available in the market.
- Strong knowledge of C/C++ & Python.
- Experience with FreeRTOS, SQLite Database, ARM Cortex-M0/M3/M4 processors(ARM GNU toolchain).
- Working knowledge of most standard peripherals on embedded processors (e.g. SPI, UART, I2C, USB, DMA).
- Strong background in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or Computer Science and motion control
- Expertise in controlling electromechanical motion systems like DC, servo control, stepper motors, vacuum pumps, in the context of robotics
- Experience with multi-threaded real-time operating system.
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
- Ability to read electronics schematics & circuit diagrams
- Experience in writing software/firmware for manufacturing test fixtures
- Working knowledge of network stacks such as Ethernet and MQTT is a plus.
- Experience with GIT.
- Experience with fleet management similar to balena.io or mender.io (we currently use this) or AWS IoT Greengrass or Google Cloud IoT
Company: Futuristic Labs