You as an Embedded Testing Engineer will be part of Hitachi Energy business-based Chennai. you will be Responsible for ensuring that the test activities listed below, but not limited to, are performed at highest level of efficiency and quality, to the utmost satisfaction of customers and have good knowledge and experience in microprocessors, DSPs, FPGAs, and PCBs.
- Configuring Test Environment – Testing Environment is to be created with the components of MACH Control System in the Test Lab Facility, with Computers, Input – Output Boards and Simulation Environments.
- Develop or Write Test procedures – Writing VHDL Test bench, Cases / Scenarios for verifying the functionalities of the FPGA for Analog and Digital Acquisitions.
- Test Execution – Execution of Test Cases for various software and hardware releases using Modelsim, Questasim etc
- Test Reporting – Reporting the test execution details to the development team for further actions.
- Maintains Test Environment – Maintaining the test environment with updated software and hardware for current and future use.
- B.E in EEE/ECE or M.E/M.Tech with Specialization in Embedded Software Testing is plus
- 5 plus years of Experience
- Good understanding of hardware-Software integration.
- Sound Knowledge on communication protocol ( Ex : CAN , UART, SPI, SAE, K-Line, LIN, GMLAN)
- Experience and understand of schematic, electronics components
- Development and execution of tests cycle.
- Experience in integration testing, functional testing, system testing, acceptance testing & regression testing.
- Experience on Test case management tool and issue tracking tool(s). ( ex : Jira )
- Experience on Boolean Algebra, Logic Gates, Digital filters, comparators & Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC)
- Should have strong problem solving, debugging skills & trouble shooting faults in embedded systems
- Experience in Test Automation is plus
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required