Job Description Summary
Engineer – Control Systems for the GE Power India Limited, Fossil India, Noida must demonstrate technical leadership in developing Instrumentation & Control systems specifications & Design documents, Application Software logic & HMI development for PLC / DCS control systems for Electrostatic Precipitators, Flue-gas desulfurization, Boilers and Fabric Filter applications for International and Domestic projects.
- Engineer –Control Systems will be responsible for following:
- Prepare project control system software logic development on GE/Emerson / Yokogawa/ABB DCS platform and SCADA. Controls & Instrumentation documents, engineering drawings, and manuals for projects.
- Perform design and develop documents like Controls system Architecture drawings, IO List, Control Operating Philosophy, Control Logic Diagrams, Loop Diagrams, PLC / DCS Installation Design documents.
- Configure HMI’s, Communication Gateways, Firewalls and network switches.
- Interface with suppliers for preliminary costing, component selection, and submittal document review
- Understand and assess customer problems and determine appropriate means of solution, Interface with customers for resolving queries on submitted Controls & Instrumentation designs documents
- Participate in HAZOP meetings with internal teams and customers.
- Support plant commissioning and performance testing.
- Document lesson learned from issues during engineering/commissioning and provide feedback to Engineering team and PM
- Proactively follow-up & do the input management to track and trace documents and material through the document management team, expediting team and MTA system.
- Participate in design review and design freeze meeting and ensure the corrective actions defined by the design review are closed on time.
- Ensure a coordinated approach in all areas with the other engineering activities / disciplines.
- Support to tender team as per requirement.
- Support to standardization/cost out efforts.
- Ensure continual productivity improvement through use and development of automation tools for drawing and software generation.
- Implement global standards and common processes to assure consistent quality is delivered.
- Communicate project status, schedules, upcoming deliverable, and technical solutions between various teams. Method of communications to include, but not limited to, model reviews, design review, construct ability & accessibility reviews, team meetings, line of balance…etc.
- Concurrently work on multiple projects and ensure program cost, quality and schedule requirements are met.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical & Electronics or Electrical & Instrumentation or Instrumentation & Control Engineering with excellent academic track record
- Minimum of 3+ years of controls systems design and programming of Power Plants/Oil & Gas/ Petro- Chemical Plants
- Minimum 2 years of Logic development experience on Emerson/Rockwell PLC & Yokogawa Centrum VP DCS Platforms.
- Ability to travel 30% of the time, as required
- Hands on and working knowledge of PLC & DCS Platforms
- Thorough knowledge of Control system Networks and protocols, e.g.: Profibus, Foundation Fieldbus, Modbus, OPC etc.
- Passion for technology and automation, Knowledge on Software development platforms like Visual Basic, VBA etc.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills, ability to interface effectively with global counterparts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desired Characteristics
- Master’s degree from an accredited university or college
- Proven experience working in multi-functional engineering teams focused on basic design definition and/or detailed engineering activities for power, Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or similar type project execution efforts.
- Knowledge & working experience on Air Quality Control Systems like ESP, Fabric Filters, Flue Gas Desulphurization and Boilers.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and execute multiple projects at a time.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certified (GE Employees Only)