If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to an Engineer – Embedded UI based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
At Eaton India Innovation Center, Center for Secure Cyber-physical Systems is currently seeking a Engineer (Front end) to join our team! This position is based at our office in Magarpatta City, Pune.
Most importantly, we are looking for a technically strong, hands-on engineer, with an eye for UI design, who has desire to maintain/extend existing web applications, take ownership for the code they write, take pride in overall product and code quality, and work closely with others.
This position will be responsible for building and supporting the Eaton design system and embedded platforms to drive consistency across the enterprise. This includes integrating reusable code examples, components, and libraries into an embedded platform UI framework.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and tasks while adapting quickly to changing priorities. You thrive in a growth-oriented organization.
- You are passionate empathetic to customer needs, growing people and the organization.
- Setting your team and peers up for success through collaboration and feedback is paramount.
- Someone who is Passionatate, who understands and inculcate Ethical values with Transparency. He/She is a quick Learner to upcoming technical domains and believes in leading the team from front. He/She is Efficient and takes Accountability to assigned charter which fits in to overall Goals of Embedded domain which comprise of embedded software, connectivity, industrial networking and Internet of things (IoT) technologies and solutions.
- Identify opportunities to expand and improve the Eaton embedded platform starter UI
- Maintain the Eaton embedded platform starter UI consisting of reusable packages/materials/frameworks distributed through GitHub and Bitbucket.
- Verify and ensure code quality through automated testing and Unit testing and provide software re-use opportunities.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation for the starter UI
- Provide technical assistance and recommendations to development teams in their efforts to implement the starter UI in various embedded devices.
- Research industry trends and stay up-to-date with new technologies and advancements
- Cordinate with other internal platform teams (e.g. Cloud) to identify opportunities for collaboration and alignment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Electrical/Electronics Engineering from an accredited institution required.
- Preferred – Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Electrical/Electronics Engineering from an accredited institution.
- 3 to 4 years of design experience of UI application
- Demonstrates creative, technical and analytical skills
- Experience with a source/version control system (e.g. Git)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working on a distributed team
- Track record of demonstrated development of products
- Familiarity with web and mobile technologies and their impacts on the feasibility of design solutions
- Experienced with software estimation techniques, protocols for industrial IoT products.
- Ability to work within matrixed environments.
- Proven track record of working on technically development
- Beginer level working knowledge of open source software, agile methodologies, design thinking techniques and ability to employ open, shared and scaleable development principles within an enterprise.
- Empathizes and actively learns about customer’s needs and how they create value.
- Demonstrated experience in building organizational capabilities around technology.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and resolve issues that impact deadlines; ability to make decisions quickly under conflicting constraints, moving rapidly to meet the demands of a fast-growing company.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers.
- Results-oriented and demonstrated record of developing initiatives that impact productivity.
- Proactive and solutions-oriented with experience working in ambiguity.
- Problem Solving – uses digital technology and processes to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, probes all suitable sources for answers, can see hidden problems, is excellent at unbiased analysis, looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Innovation – effective in cultivating creative ideas, demonstrates good judgment around creative ideas and which suggestions will work, has a sense about managing the creative process of others, can facilitate effective brainstorming, can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace.
- Creativity – comes up with many new and unique ideas, easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions, tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Drive for results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully.
- Peer relationships – can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all
- Interpersonal savvy – relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport.
- Action oriented – enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging.
- Intellectual horsepower – is intelligent; deal with concepts and complexity comfortably; described as intellectually capable, and agile.
Location: Hadapsar Pune
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.