The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Engineer – Intellectual Property in Eaton’s business, based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
The incumbent is responsible for conducting IP analytics for programs related to Power Electronics/Mechatronics/Material Science/Industrial Controls/Additive Manufacturing/Digital Manufacturing across all Eaton businesses.
Conduct various prior art searches (Landscapes, patentability, Freedom-to-Operate, patent validity/invalidity assessment) using open and specialized patent and literature databases
Ability to read a huge volume of patents and literature and communicate complex technologies/ concepts in an easy-to-understand format to business and stakeholders to drive decisions.
Responsible for conducting patent landscape/watch analysis, identifying the trend of the competitors and/or emerging technologies, and developing IP strategy to protect & commercialize key technologies
Technically sound to quickly understand technologies related to Power Electronics/Mechatronics/Material Science/Industrial Controls/Additive Manufacturing/Digital Manufacturing with a focus on analyzing controls or algorithms related to these technologies
Interface with cross-functional Engineering across Eaton’s business units to gather technical information related to an invention disclosure, and assist legal teams in assessing the patentability of the inventions
In addition to the above, knowledge of other types of patent analyses viz. claims mapping, portfolio analysis, whitespace analysis, licensing, drafting etc. will be an added advantage
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical/ Electronics / Mechatronics/Material Science/Mechanical with experience in Intellectual property
- 2+ years of experience working in-house or with law firms on the various facets of IP, including searching, analytics, intelligence, strategic reports, training and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated excellence in theoretical and applied methods of IP and significant experience with establishing the Innovation and IP practices in an organization from idea mining, idea protection to patent filing and maintenance.
- Develop and provide additional capabilities to improve the effectiveness and quality of patent search and analytics.
- Knowledge of tools and databases that can be used to improve the effectiveness and delivery of the work products.
- Effective Communicator, Collaborative orientation, Learning Agility, Drive for results, Problem Solving
- Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!