If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Engineer – VAVE (Electronics) based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- The primary function of this position is to drive and shape DtV/VAVE portfolio by working closely with various Eaton business groups as part Direct Material Productivity (DMP) team.
- The applicant is also supposed to lead key DtV/VAVE cost out / avoidance projects – Electronics for immediate/short- & long-term growth portfolio of DTV/VAVE at DMP.
- This involves close collaboration with various Eaton business group divisions and Global Procurement Organization to generate cost out opportunities.
- The applicant will be responsible for working on various aspects of Direct Material
- Productivity with the primary goal of identifying, developing, and maintaining services that deliver significant cost out opportunities as well as creating a robust pipeline of executable cost out projects.
- The applicant will be able to drive outcomes for the internal customers, excellent project management skills, communication & presentation skills and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have thorough experience in NPD processes for electrical and electronics components.
- Knowledge on each PCB assembly: solder type, conformal coatings, heat sinks, number of parts, different part types, IC Testing
- Experience in benchmarking each printed circuit board: size, layers, design rules, wiring efficiency, special features-distributed capacitance
- Experience in benchmarking custom integrated circuits from each PCB, including silicon type, number of gates, design rules, etc.
- Strong understanding of circuit theory, including power electronics circuits
- BE/Btech/ME/MTech in Electrical/ Electronics
- 5+ years’ experience in industry
- NPD of electronics component, Benchmarking of electronics components, Electronics cost out, power electronics knowledge
- Working in global business environment, Drive for results. Influencing without authority. Strategic Planning
- Experience in Power Systems design, modeling, simulation and measurements
- Skills in modeling and simulation using such tools as Matlab/Simulink, Plecs, Altium Designer, Eagle, PSpice & LTSpice, CAM350.
- Experience in costing of electronics component is a must.
- Strong knowledge of power semiconductors, power electronics passive components and active components.
- Thorough understanding of PCB layout and EMC/EMI design practices, of voltage clearance/creepage requirements, insulation and interconnection techniques.
- Experience in generating complete document package including BOM, Layout, fabrication drawing, Gerber data, Assembly drawing and if any customer specific drawing
- Expertise in selection and comparison of components, Pin to Pin alternative proposals, Design change proposals.
- Rich experience on EE components & good understanding of EE market trends.
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.