Job Description Summary
Manufacturing Process Equipment Test Engineer has responsibilities extending to the design and development of process / test system hardware / software to meet product design output needs & requirements.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
Roles and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
- Lead test / process system development for new product introductions, Productivity / Process enhancement projects – including concept finalization , architecture definition, documentation including design specification, supplier interface, manufacturing introduction and servicing.
- Lead Test / Process system development on any industry standard test platform including concept, architecture, documentation, design, prototype, test, supplier interfaces, manufacturing introduction and service.
- Responsible to identify hardware in test/ process equipment system and design product interface fixture needed to fulfil product test requirements.
- Responsible to work with engineering teams to generate requirements and software/system design, Verification & validation activities for System & Software.
- Ensure early focus on manufacturability in NPI and/or Advanced Technology programs. Drive rigor in process capability assessment, process layout, tooling /equipment development and QMS Design Transfer execution
- Ensure regulatory compliance through Qualification & Validation. Responsible for ensuring rigor in determining processes requiring validation, development of plans and analysis criteria, execution and final analysis and acceptance
- Responsible to work with systems teams to generate requirements and software/system design
- Responsible for software development lifecycle, leveraging Agile and Lean software development methodologies to drive reliability upstream into the development life cycle
- Interacting with global teams to promote consistency and maximize synergies across common software platforms
- Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas
- Drive design reviews, define interfaces between code modules, and apply existing technology to designs
- Monitor and improve productivity through the use of Lean Six Sigma or related tools, while ensuring all customer commitments are timely and cost-conscious and met with quality
- Influencing cross-functional teams to implement quality actions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics & Electrical Engineering with 4+ years experience in development of automated test / process systems.
- Experience in National Instruments Labview & NI Test stand / Emerson (GE) PLC systems will be an added advantage. Exposure to SCADA implementation will be an added advantage.
- MTech in power electronics or control systems is preferred
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing automated test / process systems in manufacturing environment.
- Experience developing test system documentation deliverables such as BOM, schematics, detailed design documents, qualification protocols, user manuals, etc.
- Demonstrated program or project management skills
- Lean and six sigma certification Business Acumen.
- Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
- Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
- Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
- Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective Leadership
- Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
- Influences through others; builds direct and “behind the scenes” support for ideas
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
- Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill Personal Attributes
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
- Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
- Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members / Contractors.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively delegate work.
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.