Job Description Summary
As a Field Service Technician, you will work on Wind Farm life extensions, repairs, and inspection related service activities and able to be performed at customer site. Also, will work together with people from the business unit.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot Wind turbine Electrical, Mechanical, Hydraulics problems, variable pitch / variable speed wind turbines
- Provide customers with high quality, value added service solutions including Operations /SCADA, maintenance, troubleshooting and service of wind energy products
- Proactively plan and effectively execute all preventive/predictive maintenance activities required for wind turbines.
- Help in all areas of Services Site Operations (EHS, Coordination of labor and Materials) with minimal supervision
- Document all work performed using computer-based service reporting procedures
- Communicate site status to engineers, customers, and management
- All resources and logistics required to perform services and maintenance activities on customers site/property
- The Field Technician will work on a team or individually, to assist on major component replacement, troubleshoot mechanical and/or electrical repairs, direct and coordinate crews
Environmental, Health and Safety mindset and compliance with no fear to work at heights for O&M activities
- Diploma Engineering or ITI– Electrical, Electronics or Power Electronics or Mechanical or Instrumentation Engineering.
- With 2-5 years of work experience in Power plant industry with Min 2 years Wind turbine field service or project experience
- Demonstrate consistently high levels of performance in all areas of responsibility.
- Work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Customer Service mindset.
- Ability / Willingness to travel domestic and International
- Good team Player and boundary less approach
- Ready to serve, as requested by Site Lead / Field Engineer
- Good computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoints
Company: General Electric