About the job
Texas Instruments (TI) is out front and ready for the next big challenge. Our innovations are at the core of nearly every electronics product in use today. And it doesn’t stop there. We’re developing breakthrough technology to power the world’s future innovations as well. TI is committed to building a better future — from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. Put your talent to work with us.
The Sitara Processor team is focused on developing a family of microprocessors (MPUs) that enable a wide range of Industrial and Automotive applications. We are searching for a Hardware (HW) Applications Engineer who has the passion and excitement to grow, innovative, take an active role in execution and strategy, develop technical leadership, and serve our customers.
This role is responsible for HW Applications tasks and support with focus on customer support, HW board design, and device characterization. Key responsibilities include:
- Provide applications and customer support
- Perform schematic and layout reviews for customer boards and EVMs.
- Develop, maintain, and review customer documentation, app notes, and training.
- Evaluate device functionality and characteristics in the lab.
- Develop expertise in interface standards (e.g. PCI, USB, eMMC, Ethernet, MIPICSI, ADC, PLL, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, ECE, or related field
- Experience 4-8Years
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion for enable customers for success
- Experience with lab test equipment and lab automation techniques
- Experience with Cadence Design Tools and/or Altium Designer
- Interest in schematic design, high-speed PCB design
- Interest in Digital and Analog design and circuits