Creating Peace of Mind by Pioneering Safety and Security
At Allegion, we help keep the people you know and love safe and secure where they live, work and visit. With more than 30 brands, 11,000+ employees globally and products sold in 130 countries, we specialize in security around the doorway and beyond, everything from Residential and Commercial Locks, Door Closer and Exit Devices, Steel Doors and Frames to Access Control and workforce productivity systems.
Allegion is looking for a highly motivated Hardware Engineer capable of working collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment. The candidate selected for this position will be responsible for designing/testing various hardware circuits in collaboration with global product development teams. The candidate selected will need to be an organized self-starter comfortable working in a fast-paced design culture.
What You Will Do
- Work on multiple Hardware Design activities and ensure the deliverables meet cost, schedules, and quality requirements
- Study the existing hardware platforms and design blocks and apply them for different application or region requirements
- Troubleshoot / analyze various technical issues and identify solutions
- Apply several engineering concepts to develop/derive solutions for a specific problem
- Build & test quick circuit prototypes and proof of concepts
- Create/update design documentation as per Allegion development process guidelines and ensure all technical work is formally captured
- Test the circuits and products at various stages of the development and record test results as per the internal standards
What You Need to Succeed
- Excellent knowledge in designing embedded system based on Microcontroller/ Microprocessor based systems and associated subsystems such as the power supply, I/O interfaces, displays and communication protocols like UART, SPI, I2C, RS232, USB, Ethernet
- Strong in Fundamentals of digital communications, wireless protocols, transceivers and applied electromagnetics
- Good knowledge of analogue electronics, and capability to understand and design analogue designs
- Experience in board bring up and functional testing
- Knowledge in PCB layout design, and manufacturing processes
- Hands-on experience in using test equipment like Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Power Supplies, Power analysers etc.,
- Experience in Component selection and validation
- Knowledge in hardware development process and preparing technical documentation
- Experience in interacting with stakeholders and PCB Assembly vendors
- An understanding of design for EMC/EMI
- Awareness about the regulatory standards like UL, CE, and FCC
- Should have experience in interfacing with Project Engineering and Mechanical Engineering Teams to support the PCB designing activities
- Proficiency in engineering software used for simulation, design analysis and verification
- Good organizational and communication skills and be able to multitask on multiple development projects
- B.E/B.Tech or higher in EEE / ECE
- 3+ years of relevant experience
Why Work for Us?
Allegion is a Great Place to Grow your Career if:
- You are seeking a rewarding opportunity that allows you to truly help others. With thousands of employees and customers around the world, there’s plenty of room to make an impact. As our values state, “this is your business, run with it”.
- You value personal well-being and balance, because we do too!
- You’re looking for a company that will invest in your professional development. As we grow, we want you to grow with us.