At Allegion, we help keep people safe and secure where they live, work and visit. With more than 30 brands sold in almost 130 countries across the globe, we specialize in security around the doorway and beyond: everything from residential and commercial locks, door closer and exit devices, steel doors and frames to access control and workforce productivity systems.
Allegion is looking for a highly motivated Senior Hardware Engineer capable of working collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment. The candidate selected for this position will be responsible for designing/testing various hardware circuits in collaboration with global product development teams. The candidate selected will need to be an organized self-starter comfortable working in a fast-paced design culture.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent knowledge in designing embedded system based on Microcontroller/ Microprocessor based systems and associated subsystems such as the power supply, I/O interfaces, displays and communication protocols like UART, SPI, I2C, RS232, USB, Ethernet
- Strong in Fundamentals of digital communications, wireless protocols, transceivers and applied electromagnetics
- Knowledge in PCB layout design, and manufacturing processes
- Hands-on experience in using test equipment like Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Power Supplies, Power analysers etc.,
- Experience in Component selection and validation
- Knowledge on Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- Experience in design review’s with stakeholders and PCB Assembly vendors
- Knowledge of DFT and DFM
- Experience in FMEA, hardware validation, debugging hardware issues, and root cause failure analysis
- An understanding of the causes of EMC/EMI/ESD problems in electronic circuits and best practice methods employed to overcome these.
- Should have experience in interfacing with Project Engineering and Mechanical Engineering
- Teams to support the PCB designing activities
- Proficiency in engineering computer tools used for design analysis and verification required.
- Experience in Circuit Simulation tools and analysis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Must be a very good team player
- Innovative problem solving and creative skills
- Good organizational skills being able to multitask on multiple development projects
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in Value Engineering would be an added advantage
- Experience in structured problem solving methodologies
- Awareness of manufacturing engineering, Quality engineering, or Reliability engineering
- Hands on PCB Layout experience using Altium or similar tool would be a plus
- Knowledge in IPC PCB design guidelines
- Experience on compliance testing (CE/FCC/Safety) would be a plus
Education and Experience
- B.E/B.Tech or higher in EEE / ECE
- 5 to 8 years of relevant experience