Job Description and Requirements
At Synopsys, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security.
We are looking for Sr. Applications Engineer to join Design Intent testing for timing. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of applications engineering team to qualify tools with customer flows across the technology working closely with R&D and customers to solve complex technical challenges in areas of static timing analysis, ECO. Through innovative techniques and ideas, you will help enable customers to accurately validate & use these features on their high-performance designs
- Will drive quality improvement effort by understanding customer design methodologies/flows and creating in-house designs mimicking customer flows.
- Perform in depth customer incoming root cause analysis to understand the product weak areas and execute proactive testing to reduce customer issues by improving product quality
- Work directly with R&D, PE & customers to suggest improvements in implementation and validation
- Use in-depth product understanding to provide technical expertise , diagnose, troubleshoot issues
- The ideal candidate should have deep domain knowledge in STA
- BSEE or equivalent, required with 2+ years of experience, or MSEE,
- Synopsys STA, ECO, and physical design closure experience is a bonus
- Exceptional debugging skills with good understanding of scripting languages