The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
The Boeing Company is hiring Associate Electrical Design & Analysis Engineerto join the Boeing India Engineering Team for Electrical Design Integration and will be based out of Bangalore. This position will report to Boeing India Engineering organization.
A successful candidate will understand the importance of collaboration as these positions will focus on working directly with the Electrical Engineering Manager to implement new electrical analysis and design upgrades to meet their organizational goals.
Develops and maintains cable/wire harness detail and assembly designs. Supports analysis and design reviews. Develops and maintains electrical product detail, assembly and installation designs (e.g., equipment racks, power panels, cable routing and geometry, antennas). Provides engineering design disposition on discrepancies (e.g., rejection tags, production action requests, shop revision requests). Follows documented processes, specifications and procedures that support the design and manufacture of electrical commodities. Supports the development of statements of work. Assists in the technical review of supplier capabilities to facilitate source selection. Analyzes functional and physical input used in the development of integrated design and system architecture. Works under general supervision. The job responsibilities include:
- Collaborating & communicating with multi-functional teams and all collaborators.
- Providing guidance and mentoring team during project execution.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision, positive demeanor and highest ethics.
- Proactively seek information and direction to successfully complete the statement of work.
- To work collaboratively with multi-functional team. Must be willing to work flexible hours (early or late as needed) to collaborate with Boeing personnel around the world.
EMPLOYER WILL NOT SPONSOR APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT VISA STATUS
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronics/Electronics & Communication / Mechanical or higher is required.
- 2 to 5 Years of major experience in Electrical wire harness design & development lifecycle.
- Experience in Electrical Wiring Harness Installation and/or Formboard is required.
- Experience in Catia V5 Electrical Workbench is required, knowledge on Mentor Graphics Capital (logic and Harness XC) is an added advantage.
- Experience in Wire harness installation, Coordination with cross functional groups to determine interface issues and update 3D data with latest information.
- Must understand configuration management, requirements traceability and related processes.
- Must have Knowledge of Product Life Cycle management and capability for usage of tools like Enovia/Team center.
- Must have worked through the development cycle & should have detailed knowledge on wiring & harness component selections.
- Must have experience in preparation of manufacturing BOM.
- Must have knowledge of Electrical Wire harness Design for Manufacturing.
- Must have knowledge on EMI/EMC requirements for electrical wiring design & installation.
- Experience in Integration and testing of wiring/harness on the aircraft is an added advantage.
- Demonstrate strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Be proficient in written and spoken English, and have high degree of proficiency with MS Office tools.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Experience in Aerospace domain is highly preferred.
- Experience in Electrical system architecture design, wiring design & harness design.
- Preferred to have detailed understanding of MIL 704D, MIL-W-5088L/SAE AS50881, MIL-E-7016, MIL-STD-464, MIL-STD-461, MIL-B-5087 & DO-160 standards.
Typical Education & Experience
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 0 to 5 years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
This position does offer relocation within INDIA