The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Engineer Electronics Hardware based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
Primary responsibility of this position will be to design electronic products for circuit protection and PLC product range primarily for Europe markets. He/she will be responsible for driving a culture of innovation, learning & continuous improvement while executing the projects which include NPI, NTI and sustaining engineering projects. He/she will be directly responsible for design of electrical/electronics (hardware) product, conducting technical reviews, ensuring on time project execution. Leading & owning engineering element of the project will be prime focus for this role. He/she should possess a strong technical and analytical skills to execute and take engineering decisions based on calculations, simulations, testing and other engineering methods as applicable to the project.
Success in this position requires the ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment, strong motivation for pursuing project objectives and the ability to learn new techniques and development processes. We are looking for candidates who are able to see the bigger picture; strength in a system-level viewpoint is a must. Problem solvers who are excited about learning new technologies, coding scripts, and designing infrastructure in an automation-first environment will excel in this environment.
- Design electronic circuits and sub-systems for PLC and electronic trip units, including power supplies and analog, digital and mixed signal circuits.
- Design peripheral interfaces for microprocessors and microcontrollers.
- Participate in establishing design requirements and specifications, implement test set ups and perform design verification testing.
- Perform debugging and troubleshooting to identify design and test set up issues.
- Participate in system interface design activities and resolution of integration issues
- Participate in tasks related to new product development including planning, task estimation, design, design verification, peer review, integration and release
- Collaborate with external and internal customers, such as Product Management, Operations and other engineering teams throughout the product development life cycle
- Assist Lead Engineers and counterparts in design reviews
- Plan and execute tasks in collaboration with the product team to ensure project objectives are met.
- Perform tasks per team processes and guidelines and provide recommendations for continuous process improvement
- Propose and provide innovative, competitive technical solutions which can make significant business impact and provide value to stakeholders.
- Work directly with stakeholders, engineering, and test to create high quality products that solve customer problems
- Suggests and develops re-usable hardware components and looks for continuous improvement opportunities in Eaton’s switchgear and regulator controls.
- Shares knowledge within the team and demonstrates flexibility working in parallel on multiple assignments/product categories
- Provides timely status updates and reports to stakeholders.
Education level required:
Bachelors in Electronics/ E&TC/ Instrumentation engineering.
Years and area of experience required:
- Experience in designing analog, digital and mixed signals circuits. and sound knowledge of electronics components (Active, Passive & custom parts) & their applications,
- Hands on experience in designing circuits involving high speed micro-controllers, microprocessors and peripherals-based designs.
- Good understanding of power electronics and designing low power Switched Mode Power
- Supplies along with input and output filter designs.
- Good experience in board level testing, troubleshooting and debugging issues in hardware design.
- Strong knowledge and hands on exp. on design considerations required to comply to EMI/EMC certification and environmental compliances – UL /IEC / RoHS / REACH etc.
Sound experience on simulation tools like PSpice, LTSpice, Model Sim, etc.
- Experience with printed circuit board layout design involving tools like Mentor & Altium.
- Knowledge on serial communication buses and interfaces used in embedded HW design
- Experience with Thermal management and Thermal conditions calculation (Power dissipation, Heats sink, etc…)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Preferred knowledge on wireless hardware design using WiFi,Zigbee and Bluetooth protocols.
- Preferred knowledge on designing production testers and simulators.
- Collaboration: Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared goals
- Innovation Leadership – Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market,
- Drive for results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, Probes all fruitful sources for answers.
- Decision quality – makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.