Main Job Purpose
The Engineering Executive needs to identify and deliver Projects identified on time in full. He/She needs to identify the problem and the type of solution needed to troubleshoot problems related to automated warehousing equipment. He/She must take end to end responsibility of maintenance activities from operations ramp up till stabilisation of operations.
- Responsible for ensuring high availability of critical Material handling equipment.
- Ensure Uptime by more than 98% by executing the preventive maintenance as per maintenance schedule and explore various options for moving towards predictive maintenance.
- Responsible for carrying out the trouble shooting of mechanical failures, control systems, field Equipment, and familiar on root cause analysis, FMEA and problem-solving techniques to identify the exact problem to propose change in design or logic to permanently solve the problems.
- Should have good control system knowledge & hands on experience in handling SRM Cranes, PLCs, field equipment, Fire alarm system, CCTV, PA & access control system etc.
- Familiar with all types of communication protocols.
- Responsible for spares management and procurement for equipment upkeep.
- Manage procurement activity by identification of vendors, obtaining quotations, preparation of technical and commercial comparisons and evaluation.
- Provide inputs to prepare Control philosophy with all safety and process interlocks to ensure zero accidents, Zero spillage and no deviation in process specification.
- Responsible for erection and commissioning of the equipment in co-ordination with contractor which includes hot and cold loop testing, sequence trail with all safety and process interlocks.
- Responsible to completely prepare Permit to Work and Job Safety Analysis documents.
- Understands lock-out Tag-out, working from Heights, Confined Entry requirements and strict adherence to the processes. Can lead and technically close out the near miss investigation. Ensure compliance of PPE.
- Ensure all operations in Warehouse and Distribution Centres are within the agreed SHEQ and food safety guidelines.
- Implement TPM across DCs and drive productivity
- Build and Sustain collaborative/ productive relationship with Unilever Customers; 3PLs to drive costs and efficiencies
- Develop, implement, maintain effective contractor control, Engineering, Maintenance procedures and Group Standards.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deal with the consequences.
Diploma Graduate in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Instrumentation with 60% above throughout academics.