Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This is an Field Service Engineer role reporting to Business Manager in Process Automation Business Area, based out of Bangalore; India. You will be primarily responsible for commissioning/Maintenance/Repair of the ABB Products and Systems in Marine & Ports Business Unit. Availability outside normal working hours, weekends and holidays expected.
- Responsible for the commissioning of ABB systems and products and installation supervision, conduct start-up according to ABB procedure and perform required testing perform acceptance testing with presence of customer and approval societies.
- Performing maintenance on product/system according to ABB procedure and practice and conduct training as per agreement.
- Working and travel outside normal working hours, weekends and national holidays must be expected and call outs on emergency basis must be expected.
- Service reports to be submitted after each task as per requirements time sheets complete and up to date at all times.
- Diploma or BE /B.Tech in Electrical/ Instrumentation, Electronics.
- Required minimum 5 -10 ears relevant experience.
- Knowledge of ABB Frequency Converters, AC800/AC500 PLC & Power systems is an advantage.
- Good communication skills.