Company: Western Digital
WDC STM Team is responsible for FIB circuit edit development for Design and Device teams.
The FIB Circuit Edit Engineer’s responsibilities include:
- Execution of experiments for Gallium focused ion beam (FIB) platforms (FEI V400ACE and DCG OptiFIB)
- Provide FIB marking, building probing pads for STM Group
- Providing silicon debug such as probing pads and circuit rewire for STM Group.
Additional responsibilities include, although not limited to:
- Collaborating with the design team to develop and improve new circuit editing processes for the silicon
- Working with failure analysis engineers on developing best practices for FIB for defect analysis.
- Willing to work both independently and collaboratively with teams across multiple organizations
- Collaborating with vendors to improve the application for the FIB
- Background in device physics and circuit layout
- Background in using the CAD navigation software to overlay the layout with the device on the system
- Understanding the FIB gas assisted chemistry to delayer different layers of material
- Front and Backside FIB Circuit Edits
- Background of Semiconductor process technology
- Application development work