At Allegion, we help keep people safe and secure where they live, work and visit. With more than 25 brands sold in almost 130 countries across the globe, we specialize in security around the doorway and beyond: everything from residential and commercial locks, door closer and exit devices, steel doors and frames to access control and workforce productivity systems.
Allegion is looking for a highly motivated Hardware Engineer capable of working collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment. The candidate selected for this position will be responsible for designing/testing various hardware circuits in collaboration with global product development teams. The candidate selected will need to be an organized self-starter comfortable working in a fast-paced design culture.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in design and development of embedded system based on Microcontroller/ Microprocessor and associated subsystems such as the power supply, I/O interfaces, displays and communication protocols like UART, SPI, I2C etc.
- Strong in fundamentals of Digital, Analog and Power electronics, Wireless protocols, Electromagnetics etc.
- Experience in board bring up and hardware bench test plan development and testing
- Experience in Schematics entry, knowledge in PCB layout designs
- Hands-on experience in using test equipment like Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Power Supplies, Power analysers etc.
- Experience in Component selection and validation
- Experience in preparing technical documentation
- Experience in interacting with stakeholders and PCB Assembly vendors
- Knowledge in manufacturing processes
- Understanding of design for EMI/EMC and Pre-compliance testing
- Experience in interfacing with Project Engineering and Mechanical Engineering Teams to support the PCB designing activities
- Experience in Circuit Simulation tools and analysis
- Knowledge in hardware development process
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Must be a very good team player
- Innovative problem solving and creative skills
- Good organizational skills being able to multitask on multiple development projects
- Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge on Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- Knowledge on DFT, DFM, DFA
- Experience in FMEA, hardware validation and root cause failure analysis
- Experience in RF design and certifications would be an added advantage
- Knowledge or prior experience of Value Engineering would be a plus
- PCB Layout experience using Altium or similar tool would be a plus
- Awareness about the regulatory standards like UL, CE, and FCC would be a plus
Education and Experience
- B.E/B.Tech or higher in EEE / ECE
- 3+ years of relevant experience